In this blog, it is my intention to share my thoughts, insight and experience about a variety of topics and to provide helpful information. I’ve always had a passion for self-improvement – looking for the answers for life’s biggest questions and this passion has led me to help others improve their lives, as well. Hope you’ll enjoy the journey with me.

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Welcome to my Blog . . .

So many books, articles come across my desk from time to time, so I thought I would pass that information along with my own thoughts and opinions on to you. 

As I tell my clients from time to time, you've come to me to ask for my opinion, so I assume I have your permission to give my opinion to you now.  The following is an article taken from a recent issue of the ACA (American Counseling Association) Newsletter.  Thought you might be as intrigued as I was in reading it and checking out everything we now take for granted which didn't exist not so long ago. . . 


On the Lighter Side: Annual Beloit Mindset List Reminds Us of Change

When they were born, Ross Perot was a candidate for President and the U.S. was finding that the USSR might not have been as threatening to our security as we had suspected. Today, they take technological innovations in stride and wonder why computers, telephones, and related tools won't work any faster. Who are they?
The class of 2014 and their perceptions of the world in which they live are the subject of the annual Beloit Mindset List. Generated by staffers at the Wisconsin college since 1998, the Mindset List attempts to identify the "cultural touchstones" of freshmen students entering college each fall. The annual list has become a popular and anxiously awaited document.


Just a thought. . .  Hope you'll be back to visit again soon and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for stopping by. I'd love to hear your thoughts...